Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Carpetbagging

Good rainy morning to all! We're still adjusting to the time change here, which means that my kids are quite literally up before dawn. I continue to wonder whether they were switched at birth with my real babies in the hospital, and if some family somewhere has my kids, who've been acting sensibly and sleeping sweetly in their little beds for hours at a stretch. Imagine. Yawn.

At any rate, more fun stuff today. Was I content to leave my weekend show with only one funky handmade bag? Course not. My booth was just down the aisle from Holly Canoni of Pookabokit and her gorgeous bags, many constructed from upholstery fabrics with rich colors and delightful texture. My new treasure is a backpack, much like this one:



And it's not just the bags that are fabulous. Holly and her daughter, Beth, were warm, friendly and really funny. They made some slow times at the show a little more interesting (and believe me, after spending 10 straight hours in a cavernous exhibit hall with concrete floors and nonstop canned Christmas music, I needed that). Drop them a line or look for them at their next show - I promise you won't be disappointed. The website doesn't begin to do justice to some of the beautiful pieces Holly has constructed.

And now I'm going to sit and stare at the walls for a little while longer until I really wake up.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Good morning. I don't know where you are, but here in NJ the sun just came out.
Don't worry about the kids being up early - when they are teens you won't be able to get them out of bed with dynamite.
Very nice bag (from someone who needs a 12 step bag buying program)