Friday, May 18, 2007

Lampwork Dreams, Part I

Anyone who knows me and my work knows that I have a bit of a "thing" for bright, funky lampwork. It borders on an addiction, actually...I shudder to think how much time I spend browsing around looking at pictures of beautiful glasswork.


I've decided to do a series of features on some of my favorite glass artisans, so that I can show off their work.


Kris of CreationsByKris has a fabulous eye for color and bold, graphic design elements.



Kris lives in Southern California with her husband, two sons and three cats. She's an elementary school teacher, and lampworking is a part-time venture for her, but she says her head is always filled with visions of color schemes and beads.



Kris works in her garage studio, creating beautiful little pieces of art, and she's only occasionally interrupted by a ping pong ball. :)

See more of Kris's beads in her Flickr gallery .

I'm waiting for some lovely cobalt and lime beads from Kris's studio now, and I'll post pictures of my finished work with them when it's complete.