Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Host a Virtual Trunk Show!

So...I've managed to schedule a couple of trunk shows of my work at some local venues - a paint-it-yourself pottery place, a dentist's office (hey, after digging around in mouths all day, I'd want to treat myself to some fun jewelry, too), and a friend's house. But the bulk of my sales are either at craft shows or online, and I needed to find a way to expand from there.

I've decided to start offering the opportunity for customers to host Virtual Trunk Shows. How it will work, basically, is that the host/ess will invite friends, family, random people on the street, whatever, to shop in my Etsy shop for a given period of time (a week or two), and I'll give the host a special code for customers to enter. Then, based on sales from the virtual show, I'll offer the host some incentives (a certain percentage of total sales in free jewelry, a credit for booking additional shows, etc). Seems easy enough, doesn't it?

Anyone interested? :)

No comments: